Monday, June 23, 2008

Logan McRae


It's great so hear from everyone and I hope I can make it to the Reunion this summer.

The past 10 years have been a lot of fun. I put in a little college at Ricks before leaving to Milan, Italy where I served a mission. I learned how to cook from the masters, saw a lot of great art and fell in love with the country and people.

Upon returning home I started school at the newly transitioned BYU-Idaho, where I earned a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in graphic design while working in marketing for Beehive Credit Union. I later took a job at Graphic Services at BYU-Idaho where I created event posters and collateral materials for the campus. Some of my artwork was published in the campus Outlet magazine.

After graduation I did freelance design work for a season then accepted a job at a design firm in Salt Lake City called Skogen Group (www.skogengroup.com) where I currently work as Senior Designer, designing logos, brochures, catalogs, websites and motion design.

In Salt Lake I also met my awesome, bullet bike riding wife, Amelia, who works as an Interior Designer for an architectural firm. We are celebrating our one-year anniversary! Woo-hoo!

Over the years I've also enjoyed many great trips to such places as New York, Italy, Spain, France, Mexico, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Scotland, Egypt, and China. We're headed back to Italy and Greece this summer and are really excited.

We currently live in a condo in downtown Salt Lake City with our feisty little puppy, Gianni. Future plans include getting into business school (I am currently studying for the GMAT–uggghhhh!) and possibly opening a design firm of my own. . . and I suppose we'll probably have a few kids along the way.

No comments: