Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jason Price


Well, it's been 10 years.

1998-1999 I ruled Craigos, Ricks College and the mean streets of Rexburg.
'99-2001 I spent in Guatemala.
Fall of 2001 in San Mateo, CA
2002 was spent 3 months in each: Logan, UT then Dallas, TX then Provo for a semester at BYU.
In 2003 I went back to Logan for 3 months then backpacked through Central America for a couple months.
When I got back from CA, I finished up my BA in Finance from Utah State. I then took a job trading heavy machinery and mining equipment. That job was great and let me travel to Chile several times.
After a short while I got tired of that, so I quit and spent 3 more months traveling and scuba diving in Central America. A wild turn of events landed me an advertising job and moved me to Austin, TX. Sounds crazy, but it was there that I really developed a love for rock climbing. I moved back to Utah for the mountain air and the pristine rock last year and quit my job. When the funds ran low, I moved to Arizona and worked for a wilderness program. Living in the woods was spectacular, but after six months, I was missing my friends and family in Utah. Rock climbing wasn't really a possibility while in the wilderness, and that may have influenced my decision.
To keep myself busy, I help a friend of mine with his air conditioning business. I live in my Isuzu Trooper or crash at friends' houses and I'm very satisfied with my adventurous life. I climb mountains, watch Nascar, descend canyons, and live a good life.

Did I get voted most likely to end up a hobo?

You'll find my adventures and my online life in the following places:
Blogger
Myspace
Facebook
Flickr

Or just google "price1869". You'll find me.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

dude, you make fun of my scary santa picture and you don't even include your homeless 'do picture for ME to laugh at? I'm so disappointed.

Price said...

I did, but whoever is putting the blogs on didn't put it in.

www.price1869.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/price1869

www.flickr.com/photos/price1869

They didn't link the stuff at the bottom either.

Ashley said...

much better

though you're right, my picture is MUCH scarier

stephanie said...

wow! time flies. i still remember (very clear)jamming nirvana in the basement of my parents home in idaho with you and nick munns. those were good times! everytime i play guitar hero, i think of you while stumbling through Cherub Rock. i always thought that was so cool that you could play that song on the guitar!
i switched gears and sold out to medical school, BUT, not before having my moment as a lead guitarist for an emerging p-town band. (i think i ran into you at one of the shows actually) sounds like you are having a blast! keep it going.
--brian liljenquist