Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Susanna Bush Peterson


Hi Everyone!
Has it really been 10 years?! This has been so fun for me to read up on what has been going on with everyone!
Here is my story of the last 10 years:

After graduation, I bought my 1st car, moved “into town,” and started attending Ricks College. I graduated in 2000 with my Associates in Sociology/Behavioral Science. (My plan was to further my education in Social Work.) After graduation I decided I was ready for some adventure in my life so I moved to Ecuador for 3 ½ months. While I was there I served in 3 different orphanages and also took some Spanish classes. The experiences I had there have changed my life forever! I came home feeling so grateful, so blessed, and also extremely humble. Leaving all those babies behind to come home was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I returned to Rexburg and felt extremely out of place. I knew it was time for another adventure. So, when some friends asked me to move to Provo with them I gladly accepted the offer. Little did I know what they had in store for me? After being in Provo for only 9 days, I found myself on my 4th blind date with my husband Mark (thanks to my friends). In 2002 Mark and I were married in Salt Lake City. We spent our first 4 years of marriage living in the Provo area while Mark was attending BYU and I was working full time trying to keep ahead of the bills. In 2006, Mark became a commissioned Officer in the Air Force and we moved to Arizona. Mark is currently attending medical school at Midwestern University and we are looking forward to graduation in 2010.
I am currently a stay at home mom to our 2 children, Lily (almost 4) and Wyatt (almost 2). I love it! My kids crack me up each day with the silly things they say. I also stay busy babysitting in our home and doing housecleaning on the side. A year ago we purchased our first home here in Surprise, AZ. I’ve enjoyed being able to paint, decorate, and work on our back yard. This fall, I will take a whack at being a teacher and I will teach preschool in our home.

Susanna Peterson

p.s. You can take a peek at our blog if you would like. It is http://www.markandsusanna.blogspot.com

No comments: